Thursday, June 30, 2005

CII Again

Welcome to a special edition of my blog… I’m writing this as I’m riding in the back of a Jeep Liberty climbing up the east side of Snoqualie Pass on my way back into Seattle. I’ve been so busy lately with work and personal stuff, that I just haven’t had the time to write on the blog. So, I’m using the same method that Vincent uses. I'm going to write 4 or 5 posts... but I'm going to spread them out over the next week or so.

The first thing to write about is the fact that I am going to be doing my CII idea. And, the way its going to be set up, it could theortically be on a Connexion-enabled flight in a couple months. I think Connexion uses J2EE JSPs for their dynamic web pages, so I’ve got to learn a new language… but, the cool thing about doing JSP is that I think we use it in my Masters Program to develop online services. So, by learning J2EE JSP stuff, I’m killing a couple birds with one stone. Plus, learning JSP shouldn’t be too bad, because I know vanilla Java fairly well.

I really can’t believe that this is actually going to happen. It’s still in the planning phase, but its happening! It feels cool that even a behemoth of a company (a la Boeing) has cool programs like the CII that promote small business innovations.

No comments: